hen still sick!

chickenmamafl

In the Brooder
Jul 21, 2023
hey y’all, i’ve posted a couple times about my sickly little sebright hen.
for reference i’ve treated her with corid to rule out coccidiosis, treated her with permethrin and ivermectin to rule out parasites.
im not getting anywhere. i still feel like she must have some sort of deficiency.
i thought for sure when i went to work this morning i’d come home to a dead chicken.
she would not stand up :(
my boyfriend is now home before me (i’m stuck at work) and told me SHES ALIVE!
she has a vet appointment but it’s not until the 8th.. they can’t get me in any sooner. i’m gonna keep trying to get any opening available though!
idk what else i can do in the meantime to keep her hanging on! bless her heart, she has such a will to live!
still eating and drinking!
i have poultry cell at home and nutridrench.
photo was how i found her this morning.
i separated her after that. i’ve separated her before and then put her back with them cause it seemed to really be stressing her and she was still up walking around.

thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5917.jpeg
    IMG_5917.jpeg
    812.3 KB · Views: 107
I can't imagine what else you could do here. Does her poop look normal, as in no worms or blood?

You didn't mention probiotics. That can be ACV (apple cider vinegar 1 tablespoon per gallon), Greek yogurt, Hydro Hen, etc. I would alternate the Nutra Drench with probiotics and bottled water (to rule out anything in your water), as in one day of each.

She looks smaller than the others. Are you sure she's not being bullied or picked on?

I hope she gets better fast, and maybe you can cancel that appointment if she makes a recovery! Good luck!

I can't imagine what else you could do here. Does her poop look normal, as in no worms or blood?

You didn't mention probiotics. That can be ACV (apple cider vinegar 1 tablespoon per gallon), Greek yogurt, Hydro Hen, etc. I would alternate the Nutra Drench with probiotics and bottled water (to rule out anything in your water), as in one day of each.

She looks smaller than the others. Are you sure she's not being bullied or picked on?

I hope she gets better fast, and maybe you can cancel that appointment if she makes a recovery! Good luck!
she had normal poops, wasn’t bullied or picked on actually she had a companion hen that kinda hung around her a lot.
but sadly, she passed during the night on 7/31.
i hadn’t done probiotics yet. i was gonna try and wait for the vet before i tried anything else. but she didn’t make it :(

she had normal poops, wasn’t bullied or picked on actually she had a companion hen that kinda hung around her a lot.
but sadly, she passed during the night on 7/31.
i hadn’t done probiotics yet. i was gonna try and wait for the vet before i tried anything else. but she didn’t make it :(
I understand why you waited as it's easier for vets to diagnose if they can see the animal without it being on anything. I am so very sorry!

I give my adults either hydro hen or ACV water at least once a week, separate from thei main waterer. I don't know but it seems like since I take a probiotic to stay healthier, they should too. Dogs and cats drink that same bucket I set out too.

Again, I am so very sorry!

Back
Top Bottom