Hen suddenly ill - foaming at the mouth?

Cannuck

Hatching
10 Years
Sep 8, 2009
1) What type of bird , age and weight. Golden Polish, 2 yrs?
2) What is the behavior, exactly. All puffed up, weezing, gasping for breath.
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms? Noticed this afternoon, could have been signs this morning but I was in a rush.
4) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. Just the foam at the mouth
5) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. She may have ate a mouse on monday? Or fell into the water tub for the sheep or Rhubarb?
6) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. Layer diet, barley, they free range in the sheep pen all day. The rhubarb is 60 yards or so away from the coop
7) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. I haven't seen any yet and she doesn't have any stuck on her feathers
8) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? force fed her 25cc of Tetracyclene water mixture.
9 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet? Self
10) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help. none
11) Describe the housing/bedding in use. Straw with DE, nice roost that she used last night. She never came to roost tonight so I brought her inside. Windows open all the time.

Ok thank you! I swabbed her throat with a q-tip and there was just slime on it. So I don't know, she is lifting her head now but her eyes are still closed and she's not standing.

Back
Top Bottom