Hen that was attacked by eagle has broken beak. What should I do??

EEforMe

Crowing
Sep 5, 2021
Northwest Washington, USA (near Seattle)
My hen Sugar was attacked by an eagle on monday evening any has many injuries (thread on the whole attack and injuries here) One of these injuries is that her beak is cracked and bent. i’m scared it will develop into scissor beak and if she’s permanently handicapped from this i’ll never forgive myself for not trying to fix it. i took some pics of it:
left side:
682C0D04-7DC4-4A2E-8E81-579D5CF58C42.jpeg

right side:
2E18DF68-C288-42EB-ABB6-81C5973DD45B.jpeg

front:
FBF82E3A-01E8-4328-9C2C-E1D778913EAA.jpeg

E4075B58-637F-42A9-9762-EE88C7549388.jpeg

sorry their so bad she wasn’t a fan of cooperating. you can see where it’s cracked on the left side. should i try to move it back into place? or not? what should i do if anything? Thanks!!

really what i’m asking is should i try to move the beak so it’s not crooked?
it shouldnt develope into scissor beak since its not a deformity as scissor beak is. The beak grows like your fingernails so it will grow out as time goes. If concerned and very carefully with an extra set of hands you could put a dab of super glue on it and mend it BUT you want to be careful not to glue the lower beak or tongue to the upper beak. You will need someone to hold her wrapped in a towel and someone to hold her head still after securing the lower beak/tongue with a piece of cloth or tongue stick. Put a dab of super glue ( not gel ) on the crack and set it. wipe any extra off. To make super glue cure instantly pour some saltwater over it.

it shouldnt develope into scissor beak since its not a deformity as scissor beak is. The beak grows like your fingernails so it will grow out as time goes. If concerned and very carefully with an extra set of hands you could put a dab of super glue on it and mend it BUT you want to be careful not to glue the lower beak or tongue to the upper beak. You will need someone to hold her wrapped in a towel and someone to hold her head still after securing the lower beak/tongue with a piece of cloth or tongue stick. Put a dab of super glue ( not gel ) on the crack and set it. wipe any extra off. To make super glue cure instantly pour some saltwater over it.
thanks! it’s crooked though and that’s what’s concerning to me, not the crack. i’m probably overreacting though

Back
Top Bottom