Hen very sick - sour crop and milky white poop

Tuffet is finished with the miconazole and antibiotic treatments now and is showing little improvement. She's still lethargic, crop doesn't seem to be moving (not filled with brown liquid though), comb is still dark. Maybe a slight improvement in appetite but she's still barely eating anything. I don't know what else to do. If her comb wasn't darkened I would have had more hope.

Wondering what @TwoCrows 's opinion is.

Tuffet is finished with the miconazole and antibiotic treatments now and is showing little improvement. She's still lethargic, crop doesn't seem to be moving (not filled with brown liquid though), comb is still dark. Maybe a slight improvement in appetite but she's still barely eating anything. I don't know what else to do. If her comb wasn't darkened I would have had more hope.

Wondering what @TwoCrows 's opinion is.
I'm sorry she's not improving.

You may be able to give her a flush and see if that helps move the crop.

I suspect she has more going on with her unfortunately.

It would be good to get @TwoCrows and @azygous opinions, more eyes and knowledge!

I'm sorry she's not improving.

You may be able to give her a flush and see if that helps move the crop.

I suspect she has more going on with her unfortunately.

It would be good to get @TwoCrows and @azygous opinions, more eyes and knowledge!
I agree with you that something else must be going on. I will wait for more opinions. Thank you so much for your help and suggestions.

@Eggcessive Do you have any more suggestions?

She is not looking good. Head down, tail down, not eating, face seems to be quite pale now...Would putting her back in with the flock make her feel better during her last days?

You have received good advice from others. I like to keep my hens with their flocks if possible. Sometimes the others will suspect they are dying and may peck them, even the little banty hens. Then it may be necessary to separate her again, but just observe their behavior.

You have received good advice from others. I like to keep my hens with their flocks if possible. Sometimes the others will suspect they are dying and may peck them, even the little banty hens. Then it may be necessary to separate her again, but just observe their behavior.
Thank you. We are setting up a time to have a neighbor farmer put her down later this week. In the meantime I'll see how she acts if I take her outside in the fresh air.

Back
Top Bottom