Hen walks like scrunched down - should I be concerned?

davekrista

Songster
9 Years
Jun 9, 2010
Uxbridge, MA
We just got our first 3 hens yesterday. They were born in March (or so we're told) but I am noticing that one seems to constantly putting her back leg behind her. Kind of like streching it out, and the majority of the time when she is walking she is like crouched down, almost like laying down, but up off the ground a little bit. I hope this makes sense. Is this something that I need to worry about?

Hi Dave,

The stretching the leg out behind her is pretty normal, most chickens do that to stretch.

Walking scrunched down does not sound so good. Does she eat and drink like the others? Pick her up & feel her legs, etc. Then pick up another of the girls and see if anything feels different.

Then the best thing to do is to post this over in Emergencies, Injuries and Cures. I think you can ask the mods to move it, or to lock this one so you don't have two threads going.

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for the response. She seems a bit better today, walking upright. There are a lot of kids around right now, but as soon as I get a chance (without the kids) I will definately pick them up and see...

*****If a moderator sees this, can we move this to the other section please? *******

Back
Top Bottom