Hen who constantly pants!!!

Candacestlouis

Songster
Jan 1, 2021
Aberdeen, WA
Hello! So I have a polish hen who has been panting for months. Not because she’s overheated. She mainly does it when she’s running. I have checked for gape worms, an injury, and anything else I could think of. Am I missing something? Other than the panting she is perfectly fine. She lays everyday and is out with the other girls doing all of the normal chicken things! Please help!

Hi! Any chance you can get a video of her doing this, upload it to YouTube, Vimeo, etc and then share a link here so we're able to see exactly what she's doing? What kind of temps and humidity are you experiencing? I thought it was mild in WA, but it may be helpful. How old is she? Does she breathe OK if you pick her up and hold her? Do you hear any noise with her breathing?

Hi! Any chance you can get a video of her doing this, upload it to YouTube, Vimeo, etc and then share a link here so we're able to see exactly what she's doing? What kind of temps and humidity are you experiencing? I thought it was mild in WA, but it may be helpful. How old is she? Does she breathe OK if you pick her up and hold her? Do you hear any noise with her breathing?
Yes I will try to get a video in the morning. We occasionally get some “hot” days (which for us isn’t much more than 80 degrees) but for the most part it stays low 70s. She’s only about a year and a half old. When I’m holding her she is fine. She likes to nap on me while I pet her “wig” as I call it. She only does it after she runs or is quickly following me around the yard. If she’s just poking around she doesn’t do it. There isn’t any noise when she breathes and I’ve even got a flashlight and looked down her throat and I don’t see anything.

hopefully I did this right 🤞

Back
Top Bottom