Hen with bloody stool and shaking

Ok, here is where I am completely confused. Corid is the brand name for amprolium, which is already in the chic feed. So in essence, they have been treated with Corid since birth, right? Bloody stool is the only symptom and it has been going on for about 10 days. Looks very similar to the picture I posted above from the poop page post.

So, if the feed is medicated with Corid and the she still has the bloody stool, wouldn't I want to use something else? That truly is a question. And, since I have started the sulfadimethoxine shouldn't I:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]a) finish the full course
b) Do I need to stop the medicated chic feed with Corid?
c) all of the above
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The other two birds don't seem to be affected at all. The Silkie with the poop problem looks healthy to me (despite the rear end problem). In fact today she seems fluffier and more groomed than I have seen her in awhile. I guess she has more time to primp in the hen house with all the snow still melting.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As always, thanks in advance![/FONT]
The amount you are getting in the feed is only a propholatic dose. You can continue to use the sulpher but I just hate to see the birds getting the 'big gun' drugs when there is something else that will work just as well or better. These are your birds and you have to decide. Also, I have to go back and read from the beginning so i can see what you're talking about the rear end problem.

Haunted 55--Correct. Just bloody stool.

BTW, I just wanted to thank you guys again for all the info. I really appreciate it. When I was in in the feed store I had the owner tell me something, another clerk tell me something else and a well meaning customer pulled me aside and said not to listen to anything they said! Talk about confused! lol

I just purchased a digital scale on Amazon for $9,99 (marked down from $40) Here's the link if you are in need now or in the future.
http://www.amazon.com/Cuisaid-ProDi...434856&sr=8-13&keywords=digital+kitchen+scale

I'll have a baseline weight by Friday.

I will check out that other thread.

Haunted 55--Correct. Just bloody stool.

BTW, I just wanted to thank you guys again for all the info. I really appreciate it. When I was in in the feed store I had the owner tell me something, another clerk tell me something else and a well meaning customer pulled me aside and said not to listen to anything they said! Talk about confused! lol

I just purchased a digital scale on Amazon for $9,99 (marked down from $40) Here's the link if you are in need now or in the future.
http://www.amazon.com/Cuisaid-ProDi...434856&sr=8-13&keywords=digital+kitchen+scale

I'll have a baseline weight by Friday.

I will check out that other thread.
Fancy scale!

If your sulfa drug doesn't work for you, you might want to have Corid (amprolium) on hand. I prefer the liquid.

You mean my "alleged" hen. Jury is still out on that! I thought I might have heard a crow today... lol

He/She is lucky. The other two are 10 weeks so I still have a heating lamp in the coop for cold nights.The spoiled girls also had their coop moved to the deck so the house is breaking the wind for them. The yard was inundated with 13 inches of snow from Sunday, or else they would be back by the fence and not enjoying the view from the deck. It's good to know about the cold and sick hens.

I am going to continue with the sulpha (even though it sounds like it is overkill). I will pick up some Corid to keep on hand too.

I downloaded the Foul pdf. What great info. I am going to print it since the file is so large and keep it on hand for reference.

Back
Top Bottom