Hen with diarrhea

I do have ivermectin in my cabinet. Do you think I should try it?
No I would not use Ivermectin.

If you can get the material to break up with massaging, then try a bit more oil, massage for about 5-10minutes. Let her have water, no food. In a couple of hours check the crop again. Let us know what it's like then.

Will do. I just finished massaging again and she crapped on me again. Lol

Attachments

• CBA4A6E9-B327-44DE-ADFF-75178EB58641.jpeg
    CBA4A6E9-B327-44DE-ADFF-75178EB58641.jpeg
    802.7 KB · Views: 12
Excess protein typically causes extra white in the poop from the urates (urine), because it can irritate the kidneys. If you can change to grower/finisher, I would recommend it. But it would probably not fix this issue in the short term.

This chicken has an impacted or slow crop. Switching feed is not going to help clear up the problem.

It's up to you if you want to switch feeds - feed is a personal preference. I use an all flock/flock raiser feed for my flock it's 20% protein - I feed this to just hatched to the old and have no problem. IF my normal feed is not available, then I use chick starter.

Crop issues can often be a symptom of an underlying condition - reproductive disorders (EYP, cancer, etc.), worms, coccidiosis, blockage and infection are a few common conditions that can cause the digestive system to slow or not function properly.
It's important to treat the crop problem, but also be aware/take note of anything else that may be occurring.

Back
Top Bottom