Hen with Difficulty Walking

She still looks quite good and alert.

Please add some grit or sand to help with the digestion. And crushed egg shells/oyster shells too.

Let us see what @Eggcessive has to say. I tagged her.
Will do on the gift and oyster shells. Thanks for all your helpful suggestions.

She is super alert and listening to music right now 😊

While it is something we cannot rule out, I doubt that ist is the case. Here is some reading:

https://birdvetmelbourne.com/heavy-metal-poisoning/
Yeah I think you’re right. She’s too bright eyed. Although I have to say she looks a little droopier this afternoon. Tail down more. But really fought her pill today and then fell asleep cuddled in my lap.

She’s a sweet little chicken. My daughter is angling to bring her into the living area :). But she’s super cozy in her warm little nest in the garage…

Thanks for the continued support. Think I should continue the calcium at this point? Her vent is not really pulsing and I don’t feel an egg in her abdomen.

if not better by Friday I may need to take her in to see if a vet will see her.
Did you make that vet appointment for her?

And do you let her out of the cage to move around and get her circulation going?

How do her droppings look now with the dewormer working?

she looks a little droopier this afternoon. Tail down more.
This does not sound good, I hope the vet will be able to determine whether she is egg bound (x-ray of her abdomen) or if something else is going on.

Did you make that vet appointment for her?

And do you let her out of the cage to move around and get her circulation going?

How do her droppings look now with the dewormer working?

This does not sound good, I hope the vet will be able to determine whether she is egg bound (x-ray of her abdomen) or if something else is going on.
Droppings more consistent and more normal actually but on the soft side. Yes she has room to move around in the pack n play. We’ve been working with her to move a bit.

Vet tomorrow. Agree I’d like an X-ray and hoping for more info.

Thanks for the help.

Droppings more consistent and more normal actually but on the soft side. Yes she has room to move around in the pack n play. We’ve been working with her to move a bit.

Vet tomorrow.
Agree I’d like an X-ray and hoping for more info.

Thanks for the help.
That's great, I'll be thinking of you and keep my fingers crossed! :fl

Back
Top Bottom