Hen with injured leg! Dislocation? Help!

Thank you! The dosage is what I thought.

Quotes from the first link...

I suppose I should treat this way? 👇
0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeat in 10 days for Roundworms Only.
Is there an egg withdrawal?

I also have a problem...I have quite a few molting...👇
Fenbendazole shouldn't be given to molting birds since it can damage their feather development.

I got the Safegaurd equine today.
I was gone for 7 hours about and came home and she only pooped once while I was gone! I suppose the worms are causing that. I'll treat her for them right away.

Could I wait to deworm the molting chickens until they're finished...
It is hard to say because you don't know what parasite load that they have, but if this is the first worm you have seen, it is probably fine to wait. You'll want to treat her again when you treat the whole flock so that you clear the eggs out and have less chance they'll all get reinfected.

It is hard to say because you don't know what parasite load that they have, but if this is the first worm you have seen, it is probably fine to wait. You'll want to treat her again when you treat the whole flock so that you clear the eggs out and have less chance they'll all get reinfected.
Okay, thank you for the advice!

Ok! This is the equine paste, correct?
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/merck-animal-health-safe-guard-equine-dewormer-paste-25-gm

Would you remind me of the dosing for Safeguard?

Is there an egg withdrawal?

I also have a problem...I have quite a few molting...

Could I wait to deworm the molting chickens until they're finished...?
Paste is fine. Dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeated in 10 days to treat Roundworms only. Give for 5 days in a row if you want to treat Roundworms and other worms that poultry can have except for Tapeworm.

Safeguard withdrawal is 14 days after the last dose. Some observe that others don't, up to you.

I would not give Safeguard to molting birds, it's known to cause fret marks and affect the feather quality in molting birds. If no one else is sick or showing symptoms, wait to deworm the others until after molt.
If you find they do have worms and need to be dewormed now during molt, then use Valbazen instead of Safeguard. Valbazen dosing is 0.08ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeated in 10 days.

Back
Top Bottom