Hen with knuckled under foot

ruprolife

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 5, 2016
One of my hens, she is an Araucana or Ameraucanan aka Easter Egger, is about 5 years old. 2 1/2 weeks ago she was not looking right. Sitting all puffy and not moving much. I brought her into the house and noticed she had really loose stools. I wormed her. Stools are back to normal. About 3 days after I brought her in she started to lay on one side and would not sit on her own anymore. I thought she was a goner. But I gave her some fruits (strawberries, grapes, blueberries) and spinach leaves and gave her water through a non-needle syringe (because I have no idea how much she was drinking) and she perked up really well. But she was not eating her chicken food. I even tried mealworms. Those should have been gone in a second! Her feet also looked like they were curled under. Not toes that are curly but like taking a fist, squeezing it tight and folding it back towards you. I could open the feet and toes up but they went back to being knuckled under. Well she continued to eat fruits, spinach and drink water through the syringe and is now sitting up and looking pretty good except that her right foot is still knuckled under. The left foot is normal but she is sitting on the right foot like the leg is a stub. I can still unfold it and it doesn't seem painful. It feels really tight when I try to unfold it. It is not loose and floppy. She is back to eating her food and mealworms. I don't know if she can roost as she is still inside the house. She kinda shuffles around but doesn't move much. I have tried putting vitamins in her water in case it was a vitamin deficiency, I have tried probiotics & electrolytes when this first started. There is not a vet around that will treat chickens. My treatment plan so far has been to keep feeding her and watch her as long as she keeps improving which she is. But I was hoping someone would have some suggestion about this one foot. I am getting a little worried since the left one is back to normal and this one is not. It has been several days. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm attaching photos of what her stool looks like now and of her foot. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• chix 3.jpeg
    chix 3.jpeg
    386.3 KB · Views: 21
  • chix 4.jpeg
    chix 4.jpeg
    535.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Chix1.jpeg
    Chix1.jpeg
    588.1 KB · Views: 2
  • chix2.jpeg
    chix2.jpeg