Hen with leg issue

The raised scales (not the dryness) are very indicative of that though. They should not be raised. It doesn’t mean you did anything wrong though and I wasn’t trying to suggest that. They’re very very common. I would say most if not all birds probably get them at some point. All mine have had them at one point or another. Just part of having chickens tbh. Very easy to treat though and even if it’s not mites it would help the dryness
I know. I just don’t believe she has them. Her legs have always looked like that.

I know. I just don’t believe she has them. Her legs have always looked like that.
Do any of the other birds have raised scales? Or just her? You got them as older chicks, right? She could have picked them up at the other house. They don’t go away on their own so it’s possible she’s had them a while. BUT! They do spread fairly easily so if no one else has them then maybe it’s not that, idk. You could try it and see what happens.

Do any of the other birds have raised scales? Or just her? You got them as older chicks, right? She could have picked them up at the other house and they don’t go away on their own so it’s possible she’s had them a while BUT they do spread fairly easily so if no one else has them then maybe it’s not that, idk. You could try it and see what happens.
All the other birds have a teeny bit if dryness.
I’ll get pics.

Back
Top Bottom