Hen?

mosomers

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 29, 2014
I'm very new to chickens so please excuse my ignorance. I bought an EE hen the other day whom the seller said should start laying any day. But the more I look at those long iridescent tail feathers, the more I'm thinking "she" is actually a "he." Am I right?

Looks suspiciously like a he... I think I would be less surprised to hear a crow then see a egg. I am going with boy, however I do not own this breed so I would wait to get some more input.

She wants to trade. I didn't really like her other EE. :/ Not sure what to do.....

I'd advise to get pictures of any bird you propose to get from her and post them on here before you agree to anything. Since the seller either doesn't know a male from a female, or is purposefully deceiving you, I'd get the group approval before bringing another bird in.

I'd advise to get pictures of any bird you propose to get from her and post them on here before you agree to anything. Since the seller either doesn't know a male from a female, or is purposefully deceiving you, I'd get the group approval before bringing another bird in.

x2

Back
Top Bottom