Hens crop feels weird..?

Annalyse

Crowing
Mar 24, 2020
New Jersey
Her crop feels soft and squishy like it should but like in this one spot it felt like she had pebbles? like ya, know those stress balls and when you squeeze, it shows those small bumps in the balloon or whatever. that's what it felt like. I looked closer thinking it was maybe feathered in the way. she had like 1 or 2 bumps that I could see. I found the same bumps but they had feathers attached so I figured those are just feathers that need to be grown in. Looked normal. Could I have felt food in the crop?? or whatever she is eating? Or am I just being that crazy chicken mama?

Her crop feels soft and squishy like it should but like in this one spot it felt like she had pebbles? like ya, know those stress balls and when you squeeze, it shows those small bumps in the balloon or whatever. that's what it felt like. I looked closer thinking it was maybe feathered in the way. she had like 1 or 2 bumps that I could see. I found the same bumps but they had feathers attached so I figured those are just feathers that need to be grown in. Looked normal. Could I have felt food in the crop?? or whatever she is eating? Or am I just being that crazy chicken mama?
on the right side of a chickens crop it should feel like there is a hard golf ball. Is this the case for your hens? If you are really concerned, leave her with no food and water for the night and in the morning when you open her feel if her crop feels the same way or it feels normal again

Back
Top Bottom