Hens developing an attitude at altitude?!

Chick_In_The_Burbs

Songster
9 Years
Jun 26, 2010
Western Washington
I went out to herd the ladies back into their runthis morning and two had found there way on top of the composter bin (about 4ft off the ground). I walked over and they just looked at me with that look... You know the one, that look that makes you think of a spoiled tweeny diva. I went to pick up Scrambles and she actually bit me! Not that it hurt, but it was just such a suprise! Normally they don't even like standing within five feet of me without treats in hand, they run away because the alway seem to think I'm going to pick them up (they hate that but I check them over really quick once a week for crawlies)! And here they were, letting me walk right up to them and not running away... Then biting me to boot! Is it because they're getting older (23 wks) or just an eye level thing? Scrambles is head hen, so maybe that's got something to do with it?

Once they were back on the ground they went back into the run easy-peasy but I had to pick both Sunny and Scrambles up off the compost bin to get them to move!

*word choice error corrected

Last edited:
It seemed like mine got a little more of an attitude right around the time they started laying.Which was 23 weeks or so.Hormones??

Quote:
Probably not, the composter has been empty for months and was moved to it's current loction which is on a concrete pad. Prime Bug Zone is right in front of the door to their run; that's where the composter was before we closed shop for the winter.

I'm hoping hormones.
fl.gif
They haven't started laying yet but are getting VERY red in the face!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom