Hens ear looks like Cheerio

Once a day ok to clean Or more often? Also, will it definitly close and go back to normal?

If it does smell then I would suspect Staph, my birds ears smelled pretty bad. Could you see any gunk inside of her ear?
I used diluted Apple Cider Vinegar to rinse out their ears with, it will dissolve any puss and helps dry up the area, my drake seemed to enjoy it when i did his.

Well I flushed her ear first and when I cleaned it out I got some yucky stuff out, but they didnt look bad afterward.

Try to keep it clean and keep putting Neo on it. If it doesn't get better in a few days maybe try some fungus treatment. Oh yeah don't forget to treat for the mites.

Is it mites? I know its hard to tell since I dont have a pic but they were tiny white bugs, moving quickly.

Just a thought regarding using peroxide on a daily basis. I had a motorcycle muffler burn on my leg that was not healing. I talked to a neighbor who was a nurse......she said don't use peroxide or alcohol everyday. Once after a cut/injury is ok but everyday use is not good. She suggested SP37 for daily cleaning. After using SP37 it started healing very fast.

http://www.medshopexpress.com/049869.html

Your local pharmacy should have this in stock.

I don't know about chickens and this product.

My DIL is a registered nurse. She said the same thing. Peroxide ONCE, then no more.

Jen

Edited for spelling

Quote:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom