Votes: 0 0.0%
  • is it a disease

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zena

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 1, 2012
Hi I have a hen at least 6 years old, she hass always been very fit, but we noticed that she had difficulty walking and saw that her feet have become 'clawed' she is still getting around but because her feet are not flat she is wobbly.

Any ideas folks?

Zena

What does her posture look like? Does she stand up like a penguin and have trouble lowering her from end? I've had three birds with this problem. One I butchered. She was so stopped up with bad eggs I shouldn't have waited so long. One seems to have recovered. The last one died with a huge fever. All three of them could barely stand. Their feet were curled up. Even when they seemed to be recovering they couldn't squat down, they'd rock back on their vent. Anyway I hope you figure it out. Jeanne

Hi, thank you so much for getting back to me, she looks fine when standing, but when she walks her wings are coming out to help her balance and sometimes her tail feathers going down. She has probably stopped laying, although to be fair our hens have just started to lay again after the winter. Zena

Back
Top Bottom