Hens in "Chicky Jail" **UPDATE**

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
UPDATE
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Just had to share this!!! Today we let the hens out for the first time in 5 days to see if locking them up helped any, IT DID!!!!!!!!!!!! They all layed in the COOP!!! All week we have been getting 10 to 12 eggs a day... Today we got 14!!!! Real pretty too!!!!!!!!!!!
9-14eggs2.jpg

Thanks Cyn!!! We were so excited!!!!!!!! We do know that we are going to have to retrain again once we have the other 20+ laying but this is wonderful... two new layers and they layed in the nests! I do have to say though... we did find 3 eggs just outside the coop in the hay bails (that are just on the back of the nesting boxes)... but we figured that was exceptable and better than the woods!!!! And close enough to call the coop LOL!!! Just so satisfying and rewarding!!! Thanks again Cyn for all your help and advice!!!!
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif

hi, does anybody know how to keep predaters out of the coop?I have a big problem with skunks, foxs, cats, snakes, and bobcats.Thank You:idunno

chickenman7 - you would get a better response if you post your question under "predators and pests" Don't get me wrong... I dont mind sharing my thread... I am just saying I think more people would respnd if you asked that question on its own posts....

I will answer the best I can from what I know. Personally I have 2 dogs, traps, and an arsonal that helps me out. I have luckily not had any problems really. coon tried... we ran it off.... hawk tried... I shot at it. Other then that... (knocking on wood) I have not had anything.

Congratulations Windy
yippiechickie.gif
Okay, I'm going to try to leave then in for a couple of days. to get them use to laying in the boxes again. 2 of them will occassionally use the box the 2 of them will not use the box will lay them in the dirt! I put fresh hay in the boxes so maybe it will be more comfy to sit in. My other hens are laying in the same places. Maybe then I can convince DH that his white leghorns are not suddenly laying creamy brown jumbo eggs where in the past they have been laying large white eggs. We will finally figure out whose right. Me of course
lau.gif

jackie

Last edited:
Jackie... LOL... we are always right!!!
gig.gif
(I know I am going to get chit for saying that... but...) Anyways, I left my girls in for 5 days... letting them out only at night for about an hour before roost! I also have some that are not laying yet so I may have to repeat this process. Be sure though that you do let your roos (if you have any) out so they are not confined and fight.

Good Luck
Tes

Back
Top Bottom