Hens in Gloucester Township NJ 08083

6907bob

In the Brooder
Jan 20, 2016
Gloucester Township, NJ
Hello,
Does anyone no if your aloud to raise hens in Gloucester Township NJ. I would like to buy a small coop for 2 to 4 chickens and raise the Hens as pets and eggs. I really don't see the downside as they do more for you then our other pets dogs, cats, etc. We all have predator's that are much worse hawks, raccoons, possums', skunks. When you call the township no one seems to want to answer or really don't no how to answer.
Thanks
Bob

Welcome to BYC, Bob. Glad you decided to join our flock. I would suggest actually going down to your city hall. Someone down there should be able to tell you whether or not chickens are allowed in your area. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting some chickens.

Hi :welcome Bob

Glad you could join the flock! Michael has left you a great suggestion and you might like to drop by your state thread for members there who could help you. State threads can be found here ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Good luck I hope you are able to get the go ahead for having some hens.

Enjoy BYC :frow

Hi Bob and welcome. I do hope you get some joy from the "powers that be" when it comes to keeping chickens.

All the best
Ct

Hi Bob, nice to meet you. Do you have any neighbors with livestock or chickens? That would indicate they are allowed. Hope you will be able to have them.

Thanks Gloucester Township is over 30sq. Miles it has some farm land l talk to some of them and they said they are grandfatherd in. They as farmers said that having only a few hens should not hert anybody. Thanks again Bob

Hi Bob,
welcome-byc.gif

Good luck getting some chickens!

Back
Top Bottom