Hens making extremely loud noise in the morning?

lubu

In the Brooder
Jan 14, 2021

They’ve been making these really loud noises in the morning, most important part is I would like to know if they’re ok and secondly, I don’t want neighbors to be complaining. Any feedbacks would be greatly appreciated.

Side note: I’m new here and new to raising chickens 😬

They’ve been making these really loud noises in the morning, most important part is I would like to know if they’re ok and secondly, I don’t want neighbors to be complaining. Any feedbacks would be greatly appreciated.

Side note: I’m new here and new to raising chickens 😬
Are they laying or squatting. If not they are gonna start like SOON...LOL

Thank you everyone for the replies. That’s definitely good news. We recently lost one so I’m on edge about everything they do lol

Now I do have another question. I have one just started now walking erratically looking for something with mouth open. Should I be concern? Thank you
Sounds like she's looking for a place to lay an egg. They can often seem panicked the first few times since they don't know what's happening (first eggs).
Most of the time that erratic/bewildered behavior will subside once they lay a few eggs but I have a 4 yr old hen that does it every time...she gets worked up for sure.

Sounds like she's looking for a place to lay an egg. They can often seem panicked the first few times since they don't know what's happening (first eggs).
Most of the time that erratic/bewildered behavior will subside once they lay a few eggs but I have a 4 yr old hen that does it every time...she gets worked up for sure.
Ahh okay she did lay her first egg yesterday 😃

Back
Top Bottom