Hens not laying

3rd

2 are golden comets and 2 are Easter Eggers. That would make sense. I just thought it was odd how it all started when I switched their feed. Also, you mentioned about 17% protein not being adequate, what % do you recommend?
It wouldn't be unknown for either breed to stop, production birds have short lasting laying life's ans ees are finicky. It's very likely coincidence that might have been triggered by changing something in their area like there feed but its not the feed.
I don't feed anything under 18%. It just depends on your flock.

We are having the same issue. 3 of the 5 hens (all 3 years old) are not laying. January was the last time I recall eggs from them. The three that aren't laying have no reason I can understand. They all looked sick with diarrhea in late March early April for 3 weeks. So beginning then we did two Coxidia treatments, two dewormer treatments, began a strict layer pellet diet, and have kept everyhing very clean. Now, about 4 weeks have passed and still no eggs. They look healthy as ever. Maybe between their age and the rough start to spring it will take some time to get back to laying.

We are having the same issue. 3 of the 5 hens (all 3 years old) are not laying. January was the last time I recall eggs from them. The three that aren't laying have no reason I can understand. They all looked sick with diarrhea in late March early April for 3 weeks. So beginning then we did two Coxidia treatments, two dewormer treatments, began a strict layer pellet diet, and have kept everyhing very clean. Now, about 4 weeks have passed and still no eggs. They look healthy as ever. Maybe between their age and the rough start to spring it will take some time to get back to laying.
What's the protein of the feed?

Just out of curiosity, what food do you have yours on?

Just out of curiosity, what food do you have yours on?
Nature's best organic egg layer pellets free feed all day. I supplement with a handful of dried worms and handful of scratch each day split between all 5 hens.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230515_225138_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230515_225138_Chrome.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20230515_225211_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230515_225211_Chrome.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 4
So much to learn (at least for me).
No, I think it is true for everybody, or at least they were in that position a number of years ago if they know a ton. Spending time on this website has taught me that poultry will always find a way to keep you guessing, though.
laid their butts off Nov through Jan. now, bleh!!!
I would have figured they would have picked up some by now. Are you getting any eggs?

No, I think it is true for everybody, or at least they were in that position a number of years ago if they know a ton. Spending time on this website has taught me that poultry will always find a way to keep you guessing, though.

I would have figured they would have picked up some by now. Are you getting any eggs?
1, or 2, or maybe 3 (on a good day) from about 19/day. :idunno We are brooding 10 black australorps now in my sewing room. But, I kinda don't want them to even go out in the coop in the weeks to come because I don't know what's up. Of course, they'll have to go. Not to mention I have three EE frizzles coming on their heels with enough time to clean and sanitize the brooder for them. Not complaining, just semi-curious. As I stated an a post of my own I am simply feeding and cleaning, feeding and cleaning up after them, LOL. Whatever it is, I hope it will pass because if my understanding is correct, next year they will be on the downside of laying agewise at 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom