Hens not laying

Idawiththe4hens

In the Brooder
Jul 25, 2022
I have four hens two Sussex and two Plymouth Rock.
My two sussex have a very dirty bum. About 1 month ago they had worms and got worm treatment. They are not laying. One of them layd an egg without a shell.
Other than that they seem fine
Any suggestions?

Bathe/soak with Epsom salt to clean their booties. If they aren't showing any other symptoms, it might just be a weather thing or might be taking a break.

Last summer a lot of people were having problems with their hens not laying eggs, not that type of issue, I don't believe. It was the feed causing issues. If I am not mistaken it was feed by Purina. I don't use Purina, I use Nutrene.

I have four hens two Sussex and two Plymouth Rock.
My two sussex have a very dirty bum. About 1 month ago they had worms and got worm treatment. They are not laying. One of them layd an egg without a shell.
Other than that they seem fine
Any suggestions?
Are they starting to molt? Do you have them on layer feed and offer crushed oyster shell for extra calcium? Are they getting too many treats or scraps? If you know which one is having shell less eggs, give her some calcium citrate with d3 for a few days. If they are at the end of this years laying cycle, you might see some thin shells.

Back
Top Bottom