Hens not laying

Jlburke

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 13, 2014
I have 2 Rhode Island reds that are about 2 years old. They stopped laying for the winter but the weather is getting warmer and days are getting longer and I haven't seen any eggs at all. I have a light on in their coop at night to help but no luck. They are also not going out in their run. Any tips or suggestions?

I haven't noticed an issue with worms or mites. Would u treat anyway? I also have 3 ducks (2 females) and only one of the ducks are laying. They all get purina flock raiser pellets, kitchen scraps, oyster shell and grit. I also give them clean water daily.

I ma
I haven't noticed an issue with worms or mites. Would u treat anyway? I also have 3 ducks (2 females) and only one of the ducks are laying. They all get purina flock raiser pellets, kitchen scraps, oyster shell and grit. I also give them clean water daily.
keep a mash with my pellets for their breakfast every morning. I use my pellets, wet them with chicken broth and add a tbsp of cayenne pepper. This really seems to get them going after the winter break. Give them the mash every day until they get started. Once they get going for the season they should be fine.

I tried this this morning - we will see how it works! Thank you. How much of the pellets do you use? How long does it take to work?

Back
Top Bottom