Hens??? Or one of each???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Tara Black, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Tara Black

Tara Black Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2013
    Dover DE
    So yet again not the best pic and I had to corner them because I bought them as a pair of hens at an auction last week and they are still scared to death. They are almost full size LB and probably close to 7 months old. The sellers loss was my gain because he didn't know LB take so long to mature and lay. They both looked the same when I bought them, but now one is getting more comb and wattle and its much redder in only a week. Neither of th crow either so I was sure they were both hens, but I have no real life comparison for adult LB and have found a few pics and videos of very older LB so I just want to check. Sorry for the kinda fuzzy crowded pic, but they don't want to be near me and its dark out which is the only way I could get it, right before I let them in the coop.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    both are pullets. Males are colored a lot different, way more black. She looks like she is just about to lay.

3. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

I think that they are pullets. Though could you get some pictures of their tail area?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  4. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

x2

5. Tara Black

Tara Black Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2013
    Dover DE
    Yeah he is one of my 2 BLRW Roos that I need to find homes for. They are so sweet I hate to do it, but I can't have Roos and the only other BLRW I have are from the same flock anyway. Thanks for the help, I was hoping the LB were both hens :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by