hens or roos, and breeds?

☑︎ early wattle devopement
☑︎ the comb is big and red before 4 or 5 months
☑︎ thicker almost dinosuar looking legs
☑︎ holding his body high and proud
☑︎ hackle feathers appearing (pointy feathers on the neck) and sickle feathers (pointy big fancy tail feathers) and saddle feathers (the stringy feathers that appear at the base of the tail)

as she said they are all pullets this is help you in the near future! congrats on the pullets!

the barred rock and the partridge rock have larger legs than the other 2, also is there a way to tell the difference between a white rock and a California white, the hatchery sends both breeds the white one had a few black spots when it was little now it has a few scattered black feathers where the spots were

Last edited:
Then it sounds like the white bird is a Cali White. You'll know for sure when she lays. Cali's eggs are white, Rock's eggs are brown.

updated pictures of the babies, now approx 5 months old give or take a week

the brown one has a beautiful green sheen to its feathers that shows in the sunlight, have not been able to capture it in a photo. The white, has black feathers where the black spots were as a chick, the grey one I find to be strikingly beautiful. all but the black one are flyers! had to make a hoop run for them covered in deer fence as they kept flying over the 7 ft fence, makes me sad because all the others have never flown so I was able to let them roam free in the back yard

Found a small white egg, and a small brown egg this morning. the blue one is from one of the cream legbars. so, I know for sure 2 of the babies are hens
thumbsup.gif

I think the white bird is an Austra white, or something like that. A Leghorn based hybrid. the black feathers and heavier body shape show she's not a pure Leghorn.

Your blue hen looks like an Andalusian, she's your white egg layer.

Brown hen is a partridge Rock, very pretty!

Barred rock

All females, nice looking flock
smile.png

so I have 2 white egg layers I think she is a cal white, but really no way to know for sure between the austra and a Cali White she is laying white eggs, do the austra s lay white?

so I have 2 white egg layers I think she is a cal white, but really no way to know for sure between the austra and a Cali White she is laying white eggs, do the austra s lay white?
Austra Whites usually lay brown eggs, and they also usually have white skin. You have a California White or some other type of Leghorn cross.

Back
Top Bottom