Hens or Roos and What breeds?

Quote:
I said australorp because it was mentioned she had a "little" brown on her chest, which in most black birds no matter what the breeds you will find blacks with red or brown in them and is considered some of your best breeders i was told because they pass along the green sheen. And i've seen throwbacks out of the australorps that came out very similar to a Wheaten or Brown red.

I've yet to see the black eyeliner on a black Sexlink like this hen has (characteristic of a black Australorp ) which is another reason i thought possibly it is a Australorp other than them looking very similar to my aunt's she received from Ideal (brown and all). I guess it would really depend on the amount of brown on her chest, and australorps have white skin while black sexlinks have yellow if i remember correctly so that could be a clue as to what she is.

Quote:
I said australorp because it was mentioned she had a "little" brown on her chest, which in most black birds no matter what the breeds you will find blacks with red or brown in them and is considered some of your best breeders i was told because they pass along the green sheen. And i've seen throwbacks out of the australorps that came out very similar to a Wheaten or Brown red.

I've yet to see the black eyeliner on a black Sexlink like this hen has (characteristic of a black Australorp ) which is another reason i thought possibly it is a Australorp other than them looking very similar to my aunt's she received from Ideal (brown and all). I guess it would really depend on the amount of brown on her chest, and australorps have white skin while black sexlinks have yellow if i remember correctly so that could be a clue as to what she is.

yes the skin color might be a good way to ID the breed.

BAs should have white skin and BSLs should be yellow.

I still say wrong eye color for a BA it should be a dark bay/brown almost black looking, the pic shows this hen to have orange eyes, typical American class standard eye color for All Plymouth Rocks, RIRS,NH, Dellie, Wyandottes, ect... any of which if you cross to get sex-link types will be all orange eyed, cant go by the feet BSLs have all shades of foot colors from yellow to grayish black to willow-yelllow with gry overlay there is no standard leg/feet color as these are X-breeds. So the next should be to check skin color, I guess?

catdaddy

Back
Top Bottom