Hens or Roosters? Pleas Help!!

Bristan

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 20, 2011
We got some baby chicks at Easter. They were between 10-17 days when we got them and were never sexed. They are now between 10 and 12 weeks old. We were hoping for hens but we have a feeling we have 4 roosters and only 1 hen
sad.png

They all fight except for the brown one. Is this a sign of being a rooster? We know we have at least one rooster because we starting hearing the cock-a-doodle-doo last week. Any light you could share as to the sex and/or breed of our chickens would be a great help!

Thanks,

Brooke and Tristan (first time chicken owners)

96893_p1020152.jpg

Omelet
96893_p1020147.jpg

Tony
96893_p1020146.jpg

Poached
96893_p1020157.jpg

Benne
96893_p1020075.jpg

Scrambled

Oh my goodness! It looks like you are having the same dilemma as I am. I think 2 of our 3 are roosters, but possibly all 3. Mine look like all of yours, minus poached. I guess that may not be much help. When I can figure out how to post and add pics, we can compare
wink.png

Thanks Brad. Scrambled is just like the other big ones so if they are roos then he definately is too! Am devastated. We love our chickens and are not allowed to have Roosters in residential areas. Now to find happy farm homes for them all!

LOL sassypantsmama yes its quite a dilemma isnt it! We had our pick of 20 chicks and we picked 4 roosters and got only one hen?! What bad luck is that! Saw your photos and yours look like ours so I guess you have some roosters on your hands as well
smile.png

Benne (the dark one) is a red sex link pullet. I think the first two (Omelet and Tony) look like sex link roos. No idea on breed for poached and scrambled, but poached definately looks like a roo to me.

Back
Top Bottom