Hens or Roosters

Rustyshun

In the Brooder
May 8, 2017
Ripley,TN

I am new to chickens and ducks. We bought 10 mixed chicks back in February. Now I am trying to figure out what I have. UPDATE: I bought 6 Barred Rock mixed chicks and 4 Australorp mixed chicks hatched on Feb. 24 2017. I have now added a pic of the 1 I think is a rooster. It's in front of the other 2. It is aggressive towards my 2 yr old and other chickens. I also have 10 female Rhode Island Red chicks hatched on March 3. AND 6 ducks. :) Also what breed is my profile pic. I bought it as a Rhode Island Red.

Last edited:
how old are they you can tell when they get about 2 or 3 months old look on youtube how to tell if a 3 mouth chick is a rooster

good luck with your pullets
jumpy.gif

I'm new to Backyardchickens too! LOL I could not get my pic to upload from my phone so I had to upload to my laptop then to your site. :)

I am new to chickens and ducks. We bought 10 mixed chicks back in February. Now I am trying to figure out what I have. UPDATE: I bought 6 Barred Rock mixed chicks and 4 Australorp mixed chicks hatched on Feb. 24 2017. I have now added a pic of the 1 I think is a rooster. It's in front of the other 2. It is aggressive towards my 2 yr old and other chickens. I also have 10 female Rhode Island Red chicks hatched on March 3. AND 6 ducks.
smile.png
Also what breed is my profile pic. I bought it as a Rhode Island Red.
if you look at the chicken you can see that the rooster as a dark red comb and there waddles are growing faster the the hens it looks like you have 2 roosters the one in front is a rooster and the one that also has a dark red comb is a rooster also the one with a very light colored comb is a hen. the waddles will also be dark red if a rooster
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom