Hens or roosters

Both. Pullets only develop that much comb color at 20+ weeks of age. Anything with large red combs at their age is male. Aside from that there is the red leaking through on the shoulders of 2 - that's a male only trait.

Aside from that they are red sex links, and are created specifically because the chicks can be sexed at hatch by down color. Pullet chicks are reddish, and mature into hens that are mostly red with some white. Cockerel chicks are white and mature into white roosters with varying degrees of red leakage in the wings. I wouldn't be going back to that seller again.

There's no doubt in the sexes of your birds. Unfortunately you're going to have to do something with all those males, and probably sooner rather than later.
Thank you! Was so hoping that wasn't the case but atleast we have a place for them to go. Given that they are flock animals how soon should we get some more pullets so our female doesnt get lonely? And how do we go about introducing new birds?

My apologies for hijacking your post. I have seen previously where people have asked this question, but cannot find the link now. Hoping someone can assist. Rooster or hen? Ages on the photos. The one is not a pure breed Astrolop.

Attachments

• IMG_20181122_132608.jpg
    IMG_20181122_132608.jpg
    836.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20181122_132312.jpg
    IMG_20181122_132312.jpg
    710.7 KB · Views: 9
Most certainly one Red Sex Link pullet and three Red Sex Link cockerels. Male and female Red Sex Links are distinguished in color.

Back
Top Bottom