Hens or Roosters????

yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I think you did for sure! lol. I usually end up with like a 2/1 or 1/1 and the occasional 3/1 ratio on roosters to hens LOL

I think Golden Comet Roosters are more white. They are sex linked chickens so the males would be more white when hatched and the pullets would be the red/gold/buff color. At least I think that is the way it is.

Your Gold Comet is the same age as mine, notice all the white hackle feathering? Interesting to see the same chicken, but different sex, I am new to the Gold Comet myself, I have 2 pullets...beautiful chicken...good luck with yours!

I see saddle feathers on both of them... 100% roosters.

These are probably 2nd generation Golden Comets. Golden Comets are a hybrid, bred to be sexed by color and be excellent layers. Females are red with a white under color (like the bird in your first pic) and males are white with red leakage on the shoulders. If you breed a Golden Comet rooster with Golden Comet hens you'll get a variety of colors and the chicks will not be sexable by color. However, many people do not know this. They think the Golden Comet is a pure breed, and so hatch the chicks and think that they're sexable by color. But it only works the first generation.
wink.png

Quote:
You took the words right out of my mouth. That's a second generation Golden Comet for sure. Pretty bird!

Back
Top Bottom