hens right top toe has large sore

rockingw

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 26, 2013
Bushnell florida
This hen had a sore that was growing large and we soaked it everyday and cleaned and also used theracin spray and a+d

cream then gauzed and vet wrapped it everyday, .the sore did get a scab on it and after about a week we took off the vet wrap and she did real good, but the sore has raised up again and we started soaking again last night with epsom salts then theracin and a+d cream then gauze and vet wrap, I have her in a cage so no one bothers her. There isn't any smell or heat to the sore. Does anyone

know what this is, before I go to the vet who is a hour away.

This hen had a sore that was growing large and we soaked it everyday and cleaned and also used theracin spray and a+d cream then gauzed and vet wrapped it everyday, .the sore did get a scab on it and after about a week we took off the vet wrap and she did real good, but the sore has raised up again and we started soaking again last night with epsom salts then theracin and a+d cream then gauze and vet wrap, I have her in a cage so no one bothers her. There isn't any smell or heat to the sore. Does anyone know what this is, before I go to the vet who is a hour away.
This looks like bumblefoot. It's a staph infection in her foot. It can be transmitted to people and can be very ugly for persons with weakened immune systems. There are some very good threads on removal on here, surgical and non surgical. Best of luck to you and your little bird.

thank you for your information. I will call a vet that is about a hour away tomorrow and see if they are open half a day or see if I can get her in Monday.

Back
Top Bottom