Hens skin on neck sliced wide open on fence

Yeah, and in the pics the flap is reattached, but you can still see top right an oval of neck showing through. And on left, the skin is tacked in place every half inchnor so, but you can see inside in plenty of spots. The pics don't show up to her neck and down toward her breast where the fat was outside.

It still has feathers in it, they were really stuck to the membranes. We soaked them and got a lot off, but even leaving as much as we did, it took from 430 until 11.

The wound should be able to drain well, it has openings.

After looking at the picture, that looked like a very fatal wound and you were able to suture her up? That in itself is amazing. You did a great job and yes, our chicks depend upon the big mama hen to protect and help them.
Great Job!!
But, I don't think I'll let you do plastic surgery on me!! Lol.
Really, you did a Great job, good for you!..Impressive!! I hope she improves everyday and blesses you with tons of eggs in return very soon.
Kudos to you and your hen.
Taadah!!!

Does anyone know where the post is of someone who nursed a chick ro health after he had a hole pecked in the top of his head? The hole kept healing smaller and smaller until it finally closed.

After looking at the picture, that looked like a very fatal wound and you were able to suture her up? That in itself is amazing. You did a great job and yes, our chicks depend upon the big mama hen to protect and help them.
Great Job!!
But, I don't think I'll let you do plastic surgery on me!! Lol.
Really, you did a Great job, good for you!..Impressive!! I hope she improves everyday and blesses you with tons of eggs in return very soon.
Kudos to you and your hen.
Taadah!!!
Oh, please don't ask for plastic surgery! What I did is an awful job! I hope she survives me. (The fence is also my fault.) If she lives, the consolation scarwise will be that her feathers will cover it!

Oh, please don't ask for plastic surgery! What I did is an awful job! I hope she survives me. (The fence is also my fault.) If she lives, the consolation scarwise will be that her feathers will cover it!
I wont. I just needed you to smile a bit. The experience must have been horrible. I can't even imagine and I am a Labor n Delivery Nurse!!
Your amazing!

I had a rooster rip a flap of skin up on the back of one of my hens necks. I used a collagen gel (looks like Neosporin) and just wiped it on there. Healed just fine. I have also used vetricyn spray on a dog bite wound with success. Both can be found at tractor supply or probably a feed store. The collagen stuff is not labeled for chickens. I originally got it for a severe pig injury. Healed that too. Both treatments dry hard and act as a bandaid.

Thank you for this info. By dry hard, you don't mean actually hard, right? Still flexible to move with animal? Especially interested in the collagen

Back
Top Bottom