Hens Stopped Laying!!!!!!

What is the high and tbe low for today where you live and hace you doing anything different the past few days, food water light ?

Today the hi was 61 degrees and the lo was 40. I have not done anything different; same feed, same time... My chickens will be a year old in February. They have not begun molting yet but I am looking for that.

Ok this is what i did go to yhe store and buy cheyenne pepper and feed it to them with there feed and warm water makes them lay too

All 21 bird stopped laying at once?

How many eggs a week were you getting before this happened?

Do you free range?
Any predator attacks/scares lately?

Yes, ALL 21 hens have stopped laying!!! I was getting 10-15 eggs a day! I have noticed that the neighbor's Great Dane has come into our yard twice but I have chased her away. Of course I obviously don't sit outside all day watching my chickens.
1f61c.png

Yes, ALL 21 hens have stopped laying!!! I was getting 10-15 eggs a day! I have noticed that the neighbor's Great Dane has come into our yard twice but I have chased her away. Of course I obviously don't sit outside all day watching my chickens.
1f61c.png
If all stopped at once, then something drastic probably happened.
One good scare can stress them into stopping as they don't feel safe......could take days to months for them to get over it.

If you were only getting 10-15 a day maybe some are already molting or stopped because of the low light of winter.
There are many possibilities...and chickens can be fickle.

If all stopped at once, then something drastic probably happened.
One good scare can stress them into stopping as they don't feel safe......could take days to months for them to get over it.

If you were only getting 10-15 a day maybe some are already molting or stopped because of the low light of winter.
There are many possibilities...and chickens can be fickle.
X2

OK, I finally got 6 eggs today!!! I also found out that one of my hens were killed by one of our dogs! Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom