HER 1ST EGG>>>>BUT WHAT IS SHE???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SilkiesnFrizzle, Nov 14, 2012.

1. SilkiesnFrizzle

SilkiesnFrizzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2012
    Lakeland, Florida
    What breed is she? Although lacking some knowledge when I first got my little chicks, I know a great deal know. I was told that my Roo and she were Sultans.....No. He is a white Couchin (as far as I can tell) and she is........She is not feather footed, comb more of a strawberry or rose, not a V. She is laying a white egg.....HELP! Whats the little one going to look like???[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Neither are cochins, and the female looks like a sultan cross.

The male looks like a mix. Maybe with D'uccle, but definitely not cochin - he would at least have some of the curves that they have.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  3. SilkiesnFrizzle

Sep 23, 2012
    Lakeland, Florida
    Origionally, I got the Roo with this other Sultan.....which I am pretty sure that was the breed....BUT is it a roo or a hen???
    When I introduced the other hen, the Sultan I already had, was crowing and fighting Roo.....was she possibly a Sultan roo?[​IMG]

4. aoxa

Depends on the age of the bird in this picture. If it is 20+ weeks, going to say hen.

Looks like a sultan mix to me, or a hatchery sultan. :confused:

5. SilkiesnFrizzle

Sep 23, 2012
    Lakeland, Florida
    [​IMG]
    I have never put a "body shot" of him up......he is feather footed....so what breed is he???????

6. SilkiesnFrizzle

Sep 23, 2012
    Lakeland, Florida
    I believe she is older than 20 weeks, but then again, I was told she was laying already. It just makes memad that some people will sell you whatever they think they can, for more money. Shame on me for not educating myself...but shame on people who sell these birds as whatever they make up, especially to "newbies"......we aren't "newbies" forever! AND I love my Roo.....whatever he is.[​IMG]

7. aoxa

I think these guys are just mixes.. Hard to say exactly what they are. The male appears to have muffs like a EE or a D'Uccle and a butt like a cochin. Maybe a mix between those two bantam forms? Hope someone else can chime in. He definitely doesn't look pure to my eyes, and neither does she.

8. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    this is a cockerel you can see his saddles and he is hatchery quilaty looks just like my parents cockerels

9. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    he is a cochin mix looks like maybe with d'uccle given the beard and what appears to be vulture hocks

10. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    [​IMG]
    she looks like a polish mix maybe...i'm thinking a clean legged creasted breed and some other clean legged breed as there are no feathers on the legs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by