Pics
It hasn’t been two weeks. We found the mold this week and immediately stopped. My healthy chicken isn’t going to die or get sick from eating the old food for a couple of days until I go to Tractor Supply again.
I think you are underestimating how quickly chickens' health can decline. A healthy looking chicken can go from normal to dead in 24 hours. You already know the feed has caused serious problems for one of your birds. Your first priority should be rectifying that asap. Not later when you get the chance.

I think you are underestimating how quickly chickens' health can decline. A healthy looking chicken can go from normal to dead in 24 hours. You already know the feed has caused serious problems for one of your birds. Your first priority should be rectifying that asap. Not later when you get the chance.
My vet thinks Fiona may have had a stroke, so it could be something other than the feed. But again, I’m going to get a new bag of Layena. I’ve been working without any day off for the last two weeks so I can pay my vet bills. I’m such an a**hole I guess for waiting for my one day off (today) to go get a bag.

The fact that y’all are trying to lecture me about feed when it’s not even the topic and it’s not the food ingested by the bird in question, makes me regret posting and really makes me want to not come back on here.

The fact that y’all are trying to lecture me about feed when it’s not even the topic and it’s not the food ingested by the bird in question, makes me regret posting and really makes me want to not come back on here.
If that's how you feel

byefelicia-pocahontas.gif

My vet thinks Fiona may have had a stroke, so it could be something other than the feed. But again, I’m going to get a new bag of Layena. I’ve been working without any day off for the last two weeks so I can pay my vet bills. I’m such an a**hole I guess for waiting for my one day off (today) to go get a bag.

Glad you are able to get new feed.
Don’t be put off asking for help.
Sometimes people who post really don’t listen and so folk jump to more assertiveness than is always needed. Everyone is just wanting the best for the chickens.
:hugs

Dunno. Maybe too busy tube feeding her chicken. Maybe only gets a ride into town once a month. Maybe forgetful.
All of this. I have been working every day (weekends included) to be able to afford the vet and I try to come back home as often as I can during the day to tube-feed Fiona.

I also have other animals to care for, including one whom I provide hospice care for and will likely be dead by the end of this summer. So I was waiting for my day off (today) to go get the new feed.

Ah I see the type. You woke up thinking “where can I find some joy in my life today?” and then you came to the only place where you hold any type of authority: the chicken forum. While perusing different posts, you saw the one about a sick hen with a newbie owner. You went through the replies and that was it. You had found your opportunity for a little morning bullying session. Your morning was made.

Back
Top Bottom