her poor head

augiedranch

Songster
11 Years
Mar 14, 2008
Texas

What can I put on her bald spot to help the feathers grow back in? I'm thinking she was being picked on, and she is separate from the others now.

Just clean it and maybe use a little Neosporin to prevent infection. Mostly she needs time and freedom from being pecked. If you have a young rooster, he may grow up some and calm down over time.

My polish was pecked bloody and raw on her head. Wash it with warm soapy water and Neosporin on it. Keep her separate for a whole and then try to find out who the bully is and isolate her for a few weeks. The pecking order will be changed once she is introduced back into the flock. Good luck, we had to get rid of one since she was going after all my polish. She was re homed to a farm where she has more room. Just add the Neosporin once, too much will dry out the skin.

I've found Vetricin can work wonders. It doesn't if you get it and ears or eyes. It's also non-toxic. I've also heard that hairspray can help them from getting picked on again. That and bitter apple spray. When the other chickens peck them they hate the taste.

Back
Top Bottom