Here’s to me getting a Trophy Point 😁

Hello there Sharon and welcome to BYC! :frow

Very nice photo, thanks for sharing!! :)

Good luck with your flock, roosters can be a handful. Bottom line is keep both the hens and yourself safe.

Welcome to our community! :)

I made progress today. I slowly entered Masala’s coop (my BJG rooster). I had a large stick in hand and a bowl of scratch feed. I talked softly and walked slowly but not in a scared way. I did have to beat my stick in the ground slowly and I think he got the point to just eat and think twice before thinking to attack or do anything. I’m happy for today’s progress and will keep going back every day until he gets used to me. Even if it takes months.

I made progress today. I slowly entered Masala’s coop (my BJG rooster). I had a large stick in hand and a bowl of scratch feed. I talked softly and walked slowly but not in a scared way. I did have to beat my stick in the ground slowly and I think he got the point to just eat and think twice before thinking to attack or do anything. I’m happy for today’s progress and will keep going back every day until he gets used to me. Even if it takes months.
Keep up the good work! Its built into them to look for the opportunity to rise into power should the higher one die or no longer be strong enough. Not that he will challenge you every day, but his rooster senses will always be turned on! :D So always always be aware so he doesn't sneak attack. Stay on guard. :)

Back
Top Bottom