Here a broody, there a broody, , ,(pics added)

BooBear

Chicken Cuddler
9 Years
Oct 7, 2010
Conroe, Texas
and now they are MOMMAS!!! yep that is right, my girls eggs are hatching and cute little fuzzies are zipping out.
Little Momma has been so good with her 2 babies which are a week old. I just expanded the Momma pen to stick Alice and Fifi in there ( I think it was FiFi did the nest switch in the dark).

Alice has 2 babies completely hatched now and 2 eggs left.
Fifi has 1 egg pipped and 2 more to go.

Una is in the cat box sitting on 3 eggs that I seperated out from under Alice as Una was determined to join the broody club.
Mrs. Grumpy has been kicking Fifi out of her nest trying to take over. I hope it was Fifi that I moved tonight and not Mrs Grumpy. (one of them was in the top box on fake eggs)

I will be checking on them tomorrow morning when I wake up. Sure hope they adjust ok to the changes I made tonight to help them keep their babies safe.

Last edited:
I'll get some tomorrow.
wink.png

Took some pics this morning but did not have time to load before coming to work. Will post when I get home.

I think I did get Mrs.Grumpy last night. Her new spot was vacated this morning with a hatched baby on the ground and she was back in the high nest box.
Picked up the poor baby and placed her with Alice along with the 2 eggs that have not hatched yet. Alice already has 2 babies hatched and accepted the new baby with soft coos. This made me happy as the baby has a momma and broodmates to be with.

Little Momma was out with her week old chicks scratching about completely ignoring her new neighbors. Hopefully the 2 families will get along in the pen.

Guess I need to put Mrs. Grumpy in the broody breaker pen. She loves to sit n brood but does not want anything to do with the chics.

Last edited:
Ugh my home internet is down.

As soon as it is up I will get some pics posted. Right now I am using my cell.

Got a few more pics of Alice, this time with all 3 of her hatched babies. One of the eggs was tossed out of her box. I wonder if something wrong with it. It has a good air cell, no bad smell or signs of gone bad. I put it in the nest box Mrs. Grumpy is using to see if it will still hatch. Alice still has 3 eggs under her.

As promised here are the pics.

Little Momma with her 2 1 week old babies. They are so curious n cute.
69377_06-23-2011_little_momma_n_chicks.jpg

Alice with her 3 new babies. She is still sitting on 3 eggs. Hope they hatch soon.
69377_06-23-2011_alice_n_chicks.jpg

No idea what is going on with my home internet as it has been out 2 days in a row in the evening when I get home. It is up this morning. Very frustrating.
Anyway gotta get ready for work and check on the mommas and their babies, want to see if the others have hatched yet.

Back
Top Bottom