Here are my chicks! names?

americana-chick

Crowing
12 Years
Jun 18, 2008
i just got my chicks today and i got a few differnt breeds including brown leghorns, EEs, Barred rocks, new hampshire red, and red sexlink.
i got 2 EEs, 2 brown leghorns, 2 barred rocks, 1 new hampshire red, and 1 red sexlink. they are all pullets
i was wondering if you could help me name mine? the red sexlink i have already named omlet but the darker EE (my favorite one so far) i have yet to name and i want HER name to be fun but somewhat seriouse.
here she is:
chicks2017.jpg

getting a drink^
chicks2015.jpg

here are more of them:
chicks2023.jpg

chicks2026.jpg

the new hampshire red^

chicks2025.jpg

one of the brown leghorn (the lighter colored one)^
chicks2037.jpg

the darker brown leghorn^

chicks2029-1.jpg

the other EE (also VERY cute! ^

chicks2038-1.jpg

both of the barred rocks^ (very sweat little ones) the on on the left has a smaller white dot

chicks2024.jpg

here they all are together^

Those are some cute chicks! I can't really help with names, though. Mine are almost 3 weeks old and most of mine still don't have names, only the first 6 feed store chicks have names, the other 13 are still nameless (most of them I can't tell apart yet to get an idea of personality)

Here's our chicks names if any give you any help...

RIR... Lucky (8yo's baby)
BO... Curly Shirley, aka Shirley (named by 4yo)
BR... Rockette
EE's : boy... Bucky
girls.... Chirpy, and her little sis, Twirpy

The 4 I hatched won't be getting names. I am planning on selling the NNs (they are too freaky for me) and the 2 BSL are going to my neighbor. The 3 meaties won't get named for obvious reasons.
The 7 banties will eventually get names if I can ever tell them apart.

Cute chicks! I no help with names... our are a week old today and we've only named one.... Chipmunk, it looks like a chipmunk and dd14 already claimed it and named it.
Have fun and good luck with the names

I really like the name Marsalla for your darker EE. It is a chicken dish but its also a pretty name. I only have 2 of my 15 named, one Aussie is Wanda and one that I think now is a Wyandotte is named Bertha. Bertha is the biggest one of them all though I don't think she will be for long!
wee.gif

I was gonna suggest chippy because they remind me of chipmunks.
I have a few ee bantam pullets i named them after spices, sage and saffron

Last edited:
hmm... i am still thinking of names.....
maybe i could watch them more closely and name them by there personalities. (if i can get a name for all those personalities...)
Both the EEs are not shy at all, they actually walk up to me and want to snuggle in my hand.
the 2 barred rocks are like that too, maybe a bit more skiddish though
the 2 brown leghorns are somewhat shy and sleep a lot.
the red sex link (which i already named omlet) is very energetic and has almost racing stripes down her back.
the new hampshire red eats all the time

did that help with the names at all?

Back
Top Bottom