Here are some pics of my little flock!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by JoeQ, Mar 26, 2018.

1. JoeQ

JoeQ Chirping

Mar 25, 2018
    Hatboro Pa
    Any comments on types would be appreciated, I’m pretty sure they are typical coturnix quail and maybe a couple Italian, not sure what it means if anything with the ones with white patches. Thanks, this is my first time raising quail, for eggs. I know I have a couple roosters too, I may want to hatch a few with the kids! Thanks for any input!!

Attached Files:

Not_A_Robot and Danny C. like this.
  2. The darker ones are Rosetta. I see some Italians like you said, and a lot of standard Pharaoh.

3. JoeQ

JoeQ Chirping

Mar 25, 2018
    Hatboro Pa
    What’s crazy to me is that the last picture looks like a hen to me with all the black checkering, yetbits a rooster! Saw him crow yesterday! I was shocked because there are others that look identical except for the white patch that are hens!?!?! Any input would be greatly appreciated! THANK YOU

4. JaeG

JaeG Crossing the Road

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    Some colours can't be sexed by colour, the rosettas being one of them, although my rosetta boys are more red in the face. The ones with white spots will be carrying white. Sometimes they only show a small spot, sometimes their whole chest will be white. If you breed two with white spots you should get some white offspring.

JoeQ likes this.
  5. JoeQ

JoeQ Chirping

Mar 25, 2018
    Hatboro Pa
    Thanks for the input, as I'm sure you've realized I'm new and looking to learn all i can! thanks again

JaeG likes this.
  6. JaeG

JaeG Crossing the Road

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    You're in the right place then. There are lots of lovely quail people here so just ask us anything. :thumbsup

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: