~~Here be spooders!!!!~~ ( and other critters!!)

Pics
How beautiful and very unique looking! 😁 My personal favorite is the Sapphire blue and yellows!

I've never had one before though, do they bite often, do they like to be handled?
Most of our tarantulas are Old World so we don’t handle them - EVER.
We mostly have only unique species - nothing you’ll find commonly - part of why he had such a booming business before all the state transfer bans.

Most of our tarantulas are Old World so we don’t handle them - EVER.
We mostly have only unique species - nothing you’ll find commonly - part of why he had such a booming business before all the state transfer bans.
Wow, how interesting! Thank you for sharing that info!
What's the difference between the old world and the new world, I see that a lot with different types of birds and it doesn't make an ounce of sense to me.
(I'm somewhat of your local bird expert.)

My brother is big into Axolotls.

What kinds have you bred if I may ask?
My husband has bred C. Marshalli this is the deceased mama and her baby has little feet poking out
0A5AB7B4-7CEA-463E-BA2B-186383B7CDB8.jpeg

B3C4BB26-9DFE-4670-B2AD-7DC0A6E61A2D.jpeg

he has bred L. Paryphana she is the off spring and we have some of her siblings still.
0615C152-D005-47FB-92AE-C228F0487995.jpeg

We have more to breed but having a baby kinda put a rut on all that.

What's the difference between the old world and the new world

Old world: rely on large bodies and venom to obtain prey, they are more aggressive and do not have urticating hair, will fight instead of run.

New world: less aggressive, have urticating hair (ability to shoot the hair off legs/body) that are like tiny needles - think fiberglass but worse to whatever it throws it at, smaller bodies, typically faster, more inclined to run rather then fight.

Old world: rely on large bodies and venom to obtain prey, they are more aggressive and do not have urticating hair, will fight instead of run.

New world: less aggressive, have urticating hair (ability to shoot the hair off legs/body) that are like tiny needles - think fiberglass but worse to whatever it throws it at, smaller bodies, typically faster, more inclined to run rather then fight.
Okay thank you, that's makes so much sense now! :D

Oh wow! Glad you found it!
your Tarantulas are just gorgeous!!!!
Thank you ☺️
I use to be horrified of spiders but now I understand them more and feel pretty proud to not only rehome them from inside my house but have taught our daughter (21 months) to not be afraid and to be kind to spiders. As well as other tiny bugs and critters.

Thank you ☺️
I use to be horrified of spiders but now I understand them more and feel pretty proud to not only rehome them from inside my house but have taught our daughter (21 months) to not be afraid and to be kind to spiders. As well as other tiny bugs and critters.
Oh that’s so awesome!!!!! Great job!

Oh that’s so awesome!!!!! Great job!
I’ve seen friends kids freak over beetles, worms, jumping spiders (minding their own business too) and even interrupted and informed some kids that a TOAD is nothing to be scared of. My daughter is really in tune with emotions and was having a hard time processing why the kids were screaming and attempting to STOMP the toad 😿
Every night in the summer we go out with our special “toad flash light” and count the tons of toads and frogs that come out on our property.
She couldn’t understand why these kids were so horrified and watching those kids scream when I picked up the toad and my daughter kissed it was priceless.
However I was HIGHLY disappointed in the parents who did nothing but watch their children torture the toad before I came to its rescue. I had to step in before my husband strangled a kid or beat up a parent 😹

I’ve seen friends kids freak over beetles, worms, jumping spiders (minding their own business too) and even interrupted and informed some kids that a TOAD is nothing to be scared of. My daughter is really in tune with emotions and was having a hard time processing why the kids were screaming and attempting to STOMP the toad 😿
Every night in the summer we go out with our special “toad flash light” and count the tons of toads and frogs that come out on our property.
She couldn’t understand why these kids were so horrified and watching those kids scream when I picked up the toad and my daughter kissed it was priceless.
However I was HIGHLY disappointed in the parents who did nothing but watch their children torture the toad before I came to its rescue. I had to step in before my husband strangled a kid or beat up a parent 😹
Oh wow! It’s always sad when others don’t appreciate the wildlife😕

Back
Top Bottom