Here come the Cicadas

PurpleWiggleButt

Songster
Apr 26, 2021
Jellico, TN
I was marveling at my 6 month old cats hunting prowess and my daughter said now the geese will get a treat
😲 What???? I thought geese were vegetarians? Then I read on here that people see them eating frogs and fish.
😲WHAT???? That can't be OK for them, right?
Now the cicadas are coming out of the ground after their 17 year slumber.
WHAT, WHAT, WHAT???? 🤢 OMG they'll be EVERYWHERE!!! grass, bushes, trees, HAIR, CLOTHES aaaahhhhhh🤮!!!!! Plus they're also crazy loud.😫
If the cicadas are all over the grass and my geese eat grass are they gonna overdose on those damn bugs and not get the diet their bodies are made for? I'll make sure they get extra food offered to them... if the cicadas 🤢 don't get into it also!!!!!

So for my question.... WHAT THE HELL DO WE DO????🤯🤯

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210518-202529_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210518-202529_Google.jpg
    635.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20210518-202743_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210518-202743_Google.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 13
Geese, as well as ducks and chickens are not vegetarians. They'll eat them if they want to, it's not going to hurt them and they'll probably love it if you haven't fed them any sort of insects or fish before. If you haven't, that in itself is them lacking a fully balanced diet.
Lol I don't even have em yet and if freaking out like an expectant mother. I guess I should be more worried about them choaking on the molt from the bugs. 😉I guess I need to worry more about that.

Geese are primarily grazers but do require some levels of protein in their diet, especially during growing, molting, and laying. Geese are picky eaters so some may like to eat insects, others maybe not. I offer my geese grubblies as treats and most like them.

Geese are primarily grazers but do require some levels of protein in their diet, especially during growing, molting, and laying. Geese are picky eaters so some may like to eat insects, others maybe not. I offer my geese grubblies as treats and most like them.
I see your in California, do you guys get these behemoth insects out there or is this just a gift for us on the east coast?

Is there a list of non-plant based food (I.E insects/meat/Dairy etc.) that Geese can eat? I also assumed they were vegetarian except the very occasional bug or worm they might accidentally eat.

Back
Top Bottom