Here for the Ducks

Liv, it sounds like you are living an incredible life -- and I think adding ducks will make it even better! Congrats on upgrading your cottage; my farmhouse was in rough shape when I bought it and improvements have taken years. In fact, I don't see an end to them!

I like the idea of having your duck housing next to your cottage. That's pretty much what I've done with all my coops -- easier to watch for problems and predators, closer to watch for pure entertainment value.

I had chickens before I got my first ducklings, and my ducks are easier in terms of housing and weather concerns. Cold or rainy? My runners have no problem lying in the snow and/or frolicking in a downpour. Hot and humid? Nothing like a quick dip in a kiddie pool. Because they are so food motivated,, a simple call of "duck, duck, house, house" gets everyone back in at night.

Welcome to BYC, Liv; it's good to meet you! Will look forward to hearing from you when those adorable little ones arrive (and finding out if you added a sixth)!
Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I added a sixth today - a Buff!

Back
Top Bottom