Here i go again.... 😅😅 Color problems

Yes, he is the first Chocolate that I ever had. He is also proof that Chocolate is sex-linked. Mated with a Coral Blue hen he produced both Chocolate and Royal Purple keets. The Chocolate keets could have only had one chocolate(?) gene and were all females.

Chocolate male

Yes, he is the first Chocolate that I ever had. He is also proof that Chocolate is sex-linked. Mated with a Coral Blue hen he produced both Chocolate and Royal Purple keets. The Chocolate keets could have only had one chocolate(?) gene and were all females.
Gorgeous guinea cock!
Is he from your flock? I mean, did he hatch from your birds? What color are his parents? Or was he purchased?

Last time i did a quick run down on my "chocolate" gfs, all i can see and hear are the sounds of females. Its like each and every one of them makes the female sound.. Im wondering, in the event that all of them are females, where to i breed them in the hopes of producing male chocolate birds? Do i put them back to the RP flock (senior birds), or do i breed them to the RPs with the same clutch as theirs?

Is he from your flock? I mean, did he hatch from your birds? What color are his parents? Or was he purchased?
He hatched from purchased eggs. I assume that his parents were Chocolate.
Last time i did a quick run down on my "chocolate" gfs, all i can see and hear are the sounds of females. Its like each and every one of them makes the female sound.. Im wondering, in the event that all of them are females, where to i breed them in the hopes of producing male chocolate birds? Do i put them back to the RP flock (senior birds), or do i breed them to the RPs with the same clutch as theirs?
For the best chance of getting more Chocolates, breed them back to their father (if possible). That will produce both male and female Chocolates along with other possibilities. That is line breeding and is preferred to inbreeding.

He hatched from purchased eggs. I assume that his parents were Chocolate.

For the best chance of getting more Chocolates, breed them back to their father (if possible). That will produce both male and female Chocolates along with other possibilities. That is line breeding and is preferred to inbreeding.
I reallt cant thank you enough, R2elk!!
You are always around, whenever my head spins with questions, uncertainties, and everything else!
Keep safe!

That isn't what my Sky Blue guineas look like.
I know...and I just wrote out a long post quoting & debating diff genetic statements that you've already stated flaws in. Then decided it was too convoluted to delve into at 4 in the morning, so I'll just leave it at "isn't it pretty?!"

Back
Top Bottom