Here I go again....

mstricer

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 12, 2009
Ohio
Well I was on the Old Farmers Almanac website and Dec. 8th and 9th are two of the best days this month, along with the 18th and 19th, to set eggs. So I'm going to give it a go, it is also close enough to kinda join in with the NY day hatch. I had success (not counting the shipped silkies) with my own eggs, 8 out of 8 hatched. So I'm going to set on the 8th. So far I have 4 Bantam White Ameraucana (and any that she lays up until then) and 2 Porcelain D'Uccle eggs (unless she gives me more). Anyone else want to prove this theory, on the moon thing. Let me know and join in.
Michele

I wish I could join you but I promised DH that I would give the incubator a vacation until after the holidays.

yeah we just hatched our last hatch and i was told to give it a rest until after christmas
sad.png
because i have to travel to ny good luck!!

Yeah
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
I was starting to believe the old man, telling me I shouldn't be hatching, always asks "who does that anyway" This is the first time I will be hatching from this pair of Bantam White Ameraucana, I won in a raffle at Ohio Nationals.
wee.gif

I am setting my eggs tonight. I'd wait a day and join you, but my kids like that they will hatch on the last day of Chanukkah. So, I'll "sort of" join you! I fit in with your hatch more than the NYD. I'm in; kinda'

No problem the more the merrier. I have to go out to see if my girls gave me any more eggs. Incubator will be set up here after dinner and start running.

Back
Top Bottom