Here they come!

laura8700

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 10, 2014
Warrenton va
243D0033-8C7B-43B8-9D9A-7296DD2BF145.jpeg
So, first attempt at geese, I’m not sure breed (father in law asked me to incubate them).

I have 5/8 that have pipped today!

one has his little beak out but it’s covered in goo. Almost caked on, not really sure if that is normal or if he is going to be a problem
Child.
Thoughts?

So long as the sticky membrane attached to baby's beak does not dry out and suction to face, it should be fine for now. Since other babies are hatching, the humidity should stay really high, which will help. Sometimes the gunk will turn into a wet cement-like texture and the baby may need help, but the longer you wait to ensure yolk sack fully absorbed, the better.

I have 2 out and thriving, 1 more on the way soon, that first one is a mess, he is out, but pretty lethargic and not really looking too hot.
There is a 5th egg that looks to have pipped in the same awkward spot as the “sick” one. So I’m thinking that one is going to be a problem as well. Knowing what I know now about that first one with with awkward pip, would you assist with the hatch or just let nature take its course?

All four goslings are thriving and doing great!
The assisted hatch is smaller than the others but eating/drinking on his own!
He was literally lifeless for so long, but with a lot of TLC and some
Extra cuddles and care he is doing great!
The other one that pipped in the wrong area as well, did not make it ;( By the time I went to assist he was already gone ;(

Back
Top Bottom