Here we go Again. I have a Chicken with a BROKEN EGG please HELP!

I am glad you got it out. I would have pulled it but didn't want to tell you to do it...I have no idea what is the correct thing to do here. I would feed her some eggs for sure. I had a hen that had clear fluid coming out her vent and after a warm bath she was able to expel it. Thankfully. I upped their calcium intake as she had laid two other soft eggs. She was just starting out laying. Good luck with your girl!
sharon

Well i gave her some Gatorade with water for the night. she doesnt look too up to eating or drinking tonight, she just looks tired out. I'll give her some egg and yogurt in the morning. Thanks for the help! I hope this turns out better than last time
sad.png

••UPDATE••

She seems to be ok this morning. We are going to give her some scrambled egg and maybe some yogurt. Im not sure if she drank the Gatorade/Water mix, but i thought she would be more willing to drink plain water so i changed that out.

Jeepers! Let me know how she is doing...Lenore may have some antibiotics, or some suggestions...but hopefully you did everything right!

Well if it was a shell-less egg, like I think it is, She shouldn't need the antibiotics, the only reason for the antibiotics is so keep out infection if the shell scratched up her insides. If she has any suggestions though, I'm open to that
Quote:

Do you offer you hens oyster shell freely? If not do so...
Also, keep in mind that soft shelled eggs in mature hens can be a sign of infection, so antibiotics may be in order. Baytril is a good one for this. If her poo continues to look like it has egg whites and such in it... that a sign of infection.
My hen had an infection and was passing clear and white and yellow stuff (lots of it) with a tiny bit of regular poo. It was no good...but she recovered and laid perfectly afterwards, though it took about 2 weeks, maybe longer! Best of luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom