Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

We won't sell just females, everything is sold as straight run, pairs or single ganders if we have any. So your options would be to buy straight run or a pair, but if you know for certain you have a gander already I wouldn't sell you a male/female pair because that wouldn't be fair to the girl to be placed with two ganders.

The two we have listed available are not sexed yet, so they are a straight run sale, a d are the only whites of that age/size we have left. By Sept/Oct there will be a few juveniles available.

I would never want to place a female with two males either poor girl, It sure is hard getting these sebbies but sooo worth it. I will just keep my fingers crossed that I can get a goose in the fall and that they will be happy together!!! Please keep me on your list Celtic.

Here is the latest report on Spirit.

First the vet watched her movement with the cast and he said and I quote "that is amazing!" She seemed inspiring to him.

Then, he took the cast off her foot, which was tricky because he had to use a power dremel to cut it off. We wound up putting her under gas and he still nicked one of her toes. The toes curled back some, but there was definite progress. However, given the challenges of taking a hard cast off, he decided to try different material. He took a thick piece of moldable foam to shape the bottom of her foot, then heavily wrapped it up. She is having major challenges adjusting as it is rather heavy and bulky, and not forced into flat position like the cast, but since she could manage to get up from laying position with her good foot and walk a few steps on grass, he decided to try this for 3 days (although she is restricted to indoor carpeting until next appt). As he put it, we will just have to keep trying different things until we can make it work. I replied, "where there is a will, there is a way." I told him he is my hero for at least being committed to trying until we find the way. He blushed. What a sweet man.

Next appointment is Thursday at 9am.

smile.png
Sounds like a good vet! So hoping he can help Spirit live without pain

I am taking a drive to look at two sebbies tomorrow they are 4 and 8 weeks old what should I look for? Any warningsn? And do you soak your wheat and oats before feeding it to goslings? I have been But wondered what others do.

Check that their wing tips don't hang down, and that they appear bright eyed and healthy. Celtic will know loads more, and shes on most mornings quite early. There will probobly be something from her waiting to advise you.

Aaa, I don't soak feed before giving it to goslings. I only offer rolled oats though, no wheat, and only when their wing feathers start growing in.

When looking at goslings who are 1 & 2 months old it's important to make sure they are moving normally, there are Wong issues going on, and they aren't making any funny or odd noises when they breath. Parent raised goslings will be stand offish. Lastly you can't visually ID gender at that age by looking at their feather/down color.

Back
Top Bottom