Here's a "Random" question for y'all:

musikfan

Songster
Nov 23, 2021
So someone please tell me why it is that as of late, my electricity company bills me for a 33 or 34 day cycle instead of a regular monthly cycle of no more than 31 days?? I talked with a rep from the company and they tell me that it depends on when the meter is being read. However, I don't ever recall it being this way in past years. My beef is that my bills are now higher due to the extra days. They tell me it will even out, but will it? What if they keep on billing me for 34 day cycles all year long? How does that add up mathematically? I'm not very good at this stuff, but for some reason this doesn't sit well with me. I feel like something deceptive is going on that is going to allow them to pocket extra money. Maybe I'm wrong about this....

So someone please tell me why it is that as of late, my electricity company bills me for a 33 or 34 day cycle instead of a regular monthly cycle of no more than 31 days?? I talked with a rep from the company and they tell me that it depends on when the meter is being read. However, I don't ever recall it being this way in past years. My beef is that my bills are now higher due to the extra days. They tell me it will even out, but will it? What if they keep on billing me for 34 day cycles all year long? How does that add up mathematically? I'm not very good at this stuff, but for some reason this doesn't sit well with me. I feel like something deceptive is going on that is going to allow them to pocket extra money. Maybe I'm wrong about this....
Hi! Math is my strongpoint (much better than my writing so hopefully I can make sense!)
So if you go from 31 to 34 day cycles, you’ll be paying for an extra 3 days. However 3x11 months is 33 days. So instead of paying for 12 months, you will only be paying for 11.
To see how that would work, take the cost of 1 month during the shorter cycle, divide it by 11, and add that to your monthly amount to see how much they payment should go up.

It should even out in the end because you’ll have one less payment each year. Hope that helps! ❤️

Hi! Math is my strongpoint (much better than my writing so hopefully I can make sense!)
So if you go from 31 to 34 day cycles, you’ll be paying for an extra 3 days. However 3x11 months is 33 days. So instead of paying for 12 months, you will only be paying for 11.
To see how that would work, take the cost of 1 month during the shorter cycle, divide it by 11, and add that to your monthly amount to see how much they payment should go up.

It should even out in the end because you’ll have one less payment each year. Hope that helps! ❤️
Wow! That was impressive!! Thank you so much for clarifying something that has been really bugging me now for a couple of months. Now I won't have to think about that one anymore... LOL....

Doesn't everybody pay their electricity every month. I get mine once a month did something change.

Back
Top Bottom