Here's my big boy, Sarge!

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I believe it varies by roo also. My uncle had a RIR rooster (named Buster by the way) who was the devil incarnate. I had to collect eggs from there. But I've talked to a lot of people on this board who had RIR roosters who were great!

WOW!
ep.gif
He's very handsome!
smile.png

I've always thought he was a handsome boy, but you know us mommas can be somewhat prejudiced when it comes to judging our own kids...
wink.png
It's SO nice to hear other people think he's a handsome fella, too!
love.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif

I loved my RIR Roo Randy, just didn't have the space to keep all the birds I had all summer once they had to go inside for the winter. I'm finding the biggest eggs are from RIR's, altho the BO's may get up to par as they mature, Brewster my BO roo has one young RIR hen named Peppermint Patty, she's very refreshing;)

Beautiful boy, Sarg, must be young, too?

I'm glad to hear about non-agressive RIR roos. I have 3 that are packing peanuts and I really want to give one clemency to join the flock.

Your boy is very handsome! (Plus you helped me figure out for sure what mine are)

Thanks a bunch for posting his picture.

Quote:
I got Sarge in the summer of 07, and he was probably adolescent or almost full grown then. I know he has grown some since I got him, but he's always been a good-sized fella since I've had him. I'm guessing he may have been 4-6 mos. old when I got him.

Quote:
I got Sarge in the summer of 07, and he was probably adolescent or almost full grown then. I know he has grown some since I got him, but he's always been a good-sized fella since I've had him. I'm guessing he may have been 4-6 mos. old when I got him.

Back
Top Bottom